Automatic Doors: Types, Benefits, Applications, and How to Choose the Right One
Automatic doors offer convenience, accessibility, security, and energy efficiency for a variety of commercial and residential applications. They come in a variety of styles and types to meet your specific needs.
Types of Automatic Doors
The four main types of automatic doors are:
- Sliding doors: Sliding doors are a popular choice for both commercial and residential applications. They are space-efficient and easy to operate, making them ideal for openings of all sizes.
- Sectional doors: Sectional doors are a good choice for garages with limited headroom. They are made up of individual panels that fold up and under the ceiling when the door is opened.
- Photocell glass doors: Photocell glass doors are a great choice for commercial and residential applications where style and security are important. They are with tempered glass and have equipment with sensors that automatically open the door when someone approaches.
- Barrier systems: Barrier systems control access to specific areas. They are commonly used in commercial and industrial settings, but can also be used in residential applications. Barrier systems come in many types, such as swing gates, sliding gates, and arm barriers.
Benefits of Automatic Doors
Automatic doors offer a number of benefits, including:
- Convenience: Automatic doors are easy to open and close, making them a convenient option for people of all ages and abilities.
- Accessibility: Automatic doors to open automatically when someone approaches, making them an accessible option for people with disabilities.
- Security: Automatic doors with a variety of security features, such as motion sensors and access control systems, to help keep your property safe.
- Energy efficiency: Automatic doors can help to improve energy efficiency by reducing heat loss and gain.
- Low maintenance: Automatic doors are low maintenance, requiring only regular cleaning and lubrication.
Applications for Automatic Doors
Automatic doors in a variety of commercial and residential applications, including:
- Commercial buildings: Automatic doors are in commercial buildings such as offices, retail stores, restaurants, and hotels. They provide a convenient and accessible entryway for customers and employees, and they can also help to improve energy efficiency and security.
- Residential homes: Automatic doors are also a popular choice for residential homes. They are for a variety of purposes, such as main entry doors, garage doors, and patio doors. Automatic doors can add convenience, accessibility, and security to your home.